You know you’re in the Philippines when…
- You see people point with their lips.
- People dare you to eat balut, which is basically boiled n-day old duck egg (where n is a value I cannot remember).
- You hear po and opo from select children who managed to retain their manners.
- You see buses being able to squeeze through spaces mere centimeters from their own width.
- You see people eat with a foot on the chair, arm on knee and no utensils — just hands.
- You see jeepneys and tricycles. Jeepneys crammed to bursting and tricycles with eight passengers.
- The streets are deserted if you happen to come when Manny Pacquiao has a fight.
- Televisions have nothing but teleseryes, gag shows, teleseryes, game shows, teleseryes and variety shows. Oh, did I mention teleseryes?
- There’s an SM mall or two in every province you visit.
- The English they speak is better than yours.