the day we met rain

After weeks of non-stop unblinking sunlight, UP soil has finally tasted rain again. It happened on that fateful day of March 12, 2010.

I woke up at around 6.30 in the morning, as usual. I gargled, took my utensils and went down to take my breakfast. It was then that I noticed that the sky was…gloomy. Dark clouds covered the whole periphery. The temperature was also colder since there was no sun to shine down its heat. ‘Looks like it will rain’, I thought. I had my breakfast, took a bath and went to class.

By quarter to 10, my class was over so I began walking back to the dormitory. I was happily making my way back when a drop of something wet fell on my arm. ‘Crap. I don’t have my umbrella. Don’t rain on me now’ was what came to my head. I walked as fast as my feet could carry me. Good thing I reached my destination alive and dry. But the droplets still came.

Until finally, by the time I reached my room (which was on the third floor by the way), it had started to rain. The air started to get cold and the whiff of earth began to arise. It was lovely. I finally saw wet earth again. I was grinning while walking to my next class. ‘After the longest time, I get to use you again’, I said to my umbrella. The rain dripped on my bag and pants. It got my feet wet. But I didn’t mind. After all those days that I had to walk and practically get fried by the sun, this rain is manna from heaven.

But alas, precious things never last. When my class ended, Monsieur Soleil was back to business.


Published by


A shy and quiet person who loves anime, books and Japanese food.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s